About Our Ear Reconstruction Specialist
We strive to provide the most natural living ear reconstruction possible and to treat each patient with kindness and respect.
Why Choose Us
- Dr. Russell H. Griffiths is a board certified plastic
and reconstructive surgeon.
- He completed his medical training at Washington
University School of Medicine (ranked #5 by the US
News and World Report).
- Dr. Griffiths is fellowship trained in craniofacial surgery.
- After opening his practice, Dr. Griffiths
quickly became a regional specialist treating
craniofacial deformities including microtia and anotia.
- Dr. Griffiths can use either MEDPOR™ or autogenous
RIB GRAFT cartilage as a framework for your new ear. You can choose.
- Dr. Griffiths has a keen interest in art and sculpture and has
applied his careful visual analysis and artistic skills to
creating a new standard for the reconstruction of external ears.
Using a template of each patient’s normal contralateral ear
Dr. Griffiths will carefully carve a new ear framework that matches each detail.
- If you have beautiful long hair and are worried about having to shave your head for surgery, Dr. Griffiths can help you. He can reconstruct your ear without having to shave any hair.
- Your overall out of pocket medical costs will be significantly lower by having your child’s ear reconstructed in one stage rather than 3 to 5 separate surgeries.
- To further reduce medical costs we can now perform microtia reconstruction with the aural atresia repair (canalplasty), or BAHA/BONEBRIDGE placement at the same time. While Dr. Griffiths is carefully sculpting the cartilage ear framework our otolaryngologist will create the external auditory canal and conductive hearing mechanism.
- Dr. Griffiths’ finely trained staff can assist you with medical insurance pre-certification and payment issues.
Dr. Russell H. Griffiths
Dr. Russell H. Griffiths is a board certified plastic and reconstructive surgeon. He completed his medical training at Washington University School of Medicine (ranked #5 by the US News and World Report). He became interested in treating deformities in the head and neck in children while in medical school and pursued this dream by completing a craniofacial surgery fellowship at the St. Louis Children’s Hospital. In 1998, he opened his practice, he quickly became a regional specialist treating craniofacial deformities including microtia and anotia.
Our staff is able to address any questions you may have about the procedure or post op care. We provide superior assistance with insurance pre-certification (including out of network approval). In addition we offer assistance with travel and lodging plans. Please feel free to contact us with any questions.
“My son is experiencing a happiness and a confidence that I have never seen before. You have taken away a big, big hurt...Thank you for making my son happy.” Michael, Father of a Former Patient